Sunday, April 04, 2010

taking time for me

i realized something the other day....i don't really know who i am anymore....i have been so many things to other people that i think i've lost me. i describe myself as a mother, fiance', daughter, sister, friend, employee but i don't really know me outside of those things. i think that i am afraid of who i might be or what i might see if i take a true look at myself. i characterize myself by my physical, mental and emotional flaws but fail to bring my positive attributes to any one's attention.

lately i feel so old.....i know that 32 isn't old.....i really don't think i am old but it's hard when you start to notice the tell tell signs of aging. of course there's my weight......that is an ongoing saga.

i am going to take more time out for me......for what i want to do....i'm going to take more time to blog and reflect on my thoughts and feelings. even if no one ever reads my thoughts i think it will help for me to get them out.

Thought of the day: I am worth it! (i might not feel this way yet.....but maybe if i keep thinking it, saying it and typing it i might start to feel it!)

3 comments:

mindtwister said...

Baby, you ARE worth it, and I always try to make you feel that way. I love you more than anything, and I can't imagine myself without you with me. I always check your blog every day to see if there is something new, even if I know there isn't. And I always will check it, and be there for you. I am always yours.

Rach said...

I think 95% of women out there feel alot like you. I certainly do. We get so wrapped up in our roles and caring for everyone, that soon we forget what it is that feeds OUR souls, makes US happy and content. If you have a hobby, I would recommend delving into that again or more regularly maybe? Or if you don't have one .. find something that gives you that break from all your other roles, something that makes you smile. For me it's photography. Yes it includes my children and loved ones around me, but I make time to get out all by myself and photograph nature, life around me, etc.

Just like MT said .. you ARE worth it!! :)

CindyCinlou said...

You should take you time. And your blog should be your place to vent your feelings.