Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Scoop on Brandy aka Redneck Girl

Okay well as you all know, I took a "break" from Blogging and during that time a lot has happened. First off let me say that I didn't really want to stop blogging but felt I HAD to do it, to keep the peace in my own personal war.

Since leaving the blogger community my divorce became final. Hearing that was a bitter-sweet feeling; in one way I was so relieved that it was finally over and I could move on with my life but I was saddened because it signified an end of an era of my life. My Ex and I had been together since we were kids and it's hard not to feel the pain of losing that connection. But with the help of my children, mindtwister and my friends I got through it without too many scars.

I lost my health insurance when the divorce became final so I had to find another job. I found a job as a Legal Assistant for a Defense Litigation Firm in town, I work for the managing partner. I like my job but it is demanding and stressful and often I am reminded why I left Legal. But I knew that most of my experience and my degree was in Legal so that was my best option. The hardest part is having to be away from my kids more. I feel bad but unfortunately this is what I have to do to make ends meet.

I haven't' been working as much at the Pizza place, mostly because I want to spend that time with my kids. In addition, it's getting more and more difficult for me to work such a physical job. That brings me to the medical issue I had some time ago. Before I started my new job I was working two part time jobs. One day while working at the Pizza place I starting having pain in my hands and wrists. I looked down and my hands had turned blue, as if I were a smurf or REALLY cold. It freaked me out a little and my co-workers wanted me to go to the ER but I am really hard headed and continued to work. This happened two or three more times before I finally went to the doctor. I underwent several test (some of them hurt like h*ll) and it was decided that they weren't sure what was wrong with me. Probably a rheumatological problem but it hasn't happened in a few months so I am praying that it was a temporary issue.

Mindtwister and I have been officially dating for almost a year. He has such patience and is an amazing man! I am so lucky to have him in my life. I don't know if I could have made it through the last couple of years without his support. He is my friend, my lover, my soul mate.......he makes me smile and laugh so much that I blame him for my newly found smile lines. Plus my kids absolutely adore him and he loves them so much!

Often I've wondered why things happen the way they do but I'm finally realizing that God has his plan and sometimes we might not agree with it or understand it fully but it's best just to put it in his hands.

I have missed each and every one of you! I have thought of you all so much and wondered how you and your families were doing. I'm so glad to be back and can't wait to read your blogs each day!

Love and Hugs,
Brandy

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow sounds like a lot has happened to you. I am glad things seem to be settled. Its nice to have good friends, family and loved ones. Welcome back girl!

BarnGoddess said...

youve been busy! Im glad you and MT are together, you deserve someone who will love you like he does :)

Rach said...

Sounds alot of life altering things have happened to you.
I'm glad you're happy, and it's wonderful to hear you and MT are still together and he's being so wonderful to you and your kids.
I'm glad you're back to blogging!

Dem Soldier said...

Great to hear things are going great. Hugs from state of Minni.

Rachel said...

hey, saw your link on Mick's blog again. Glad you are back. My divorce just became final, too. I am trying to look only forward now...

Mz.Elle said...

I'm glad you're back and am even gladder you're happy!!

Mick & Cathy said...

Hey girl its good that you have found one important thing "Happiness". Good for Mindtwister, I reckon if a person can make you laugh that is the right person. Also the fact he loves your kids is so important, I'm so pleased for you.

As for the blue hands maybe the problem was stress related with what you were going through, its certainly possible.

And yes we missed you while you weren't blogging you are such a sweet person.

Take Care.

Sweet and Salty said...

I'm glad things are so much better for you and even more glad that you and mind twister are still together. He seems like a very kind and caring guy who really loves you, and you deserve nothing less.

RedNeckGirl said...

Thank you all for your kind words, I love you all! HUGS!!!!!

Bone said...

Good to see you back and doing better.

I've heard way too many stories like that from doctors recently. I think if they can't tell you what the heck is wrong, you should get your money back.

Orlando said...

You sound like you're in a better place since I last read here. I'm glad everything is starting new and fresh for you.

mindtwister said...

Aww!! You're making me blush! How can I not be patient and loving with someone as amazing as you? I know I've said it so many times that it sounds like air going through my lungs, but you mean everything in the world to me and I wouldn't trade what we have for anything else :)

I appreciate the support that everyone who comments here has shown for us, and I'm happy that there are so many that are rooting for us to make it.

I love you sweetness!