Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The more things change......the more they stay the same.

The last few years I've noticed that sometimes the more things change the more they stay the same. Examples: 1. Every night of every year my son has been in school we have the same conversation about homework. He gets more responsible, smarter and capable with each passing year, however we still have the same conversation. 2. My job: I have switched law firms, and went from Plaintiff work to Defense work in the past 10 yrs but I still have some of the same complaints. 3. My Ex-husband, we aren't married anymore yet we still have disagreements over a lot of the same stuff.

4. This is my best example.......Mindtwister. He and I have a wonderful relationship and I love him very much. We have been through so much the last few years and we're now engaged. We don't argue very much but when we do.....it's the same 3 arguments over and over. We even have a pattern......one of us gets mad.......we try to convince the other that our view is the correct view......the other gives a rebuttal....one of us finally decides we are tired of arguing and says that we'll agree to disagree or that we're sorry and we'll kiss and make up. If I wasn't so angry when it is going on it might be down right comical.....he and I are both very stubborn.......very stubborn. The last time we argued it was heated........I was a little more hurt than usual so I argued a little harder than usual.....but in the middle of the argument I decided that I wanted to skip ahead. I leaned in and passionately kissed him and told him that I was ready for the make up sex. He laughed and agreed.

Maybe I can't change everything that I want but I can change the way I react.

2 comments:

mindtwister said...

We do seem to always argue over the same 3 things. And we are both ungodly stubborn. I love you more than anything though, and I wouldn't trade my life with you for anything else in the world.

CindyCinlou said...

LOL! I think every realtionship is like that the same arugments about the same thing over and over. Atleast it has been for me. I always tease Jas what's wrong with us is no mae up sex or angry sex lol.